The classic Michell turntable, continuously refined during many years of development to the current level of performance. The Michell GyroDec is a three-point spring-suspended turntable of medium mass, which is compatible with most quality tone arms in existence. Earlier GyroDecs can always be brought up to present spec, and every modern GyroDec can be upgraded to almost the status of the mighty Orbe.
For nearly five decades, Michell Engineering has been at the forefront of turntable design, engineering and manufacturing. Still a family run business, they are dedicated to the continued development of their products, whilst retaining their belief that build quality, performance and value for money is essential. Once you purchase one of their products, you will enjoy class-leading performance for many years to come.
All Michell turntables are hand built to order.
N.B. This turntable is supplied to us in complete kit form - If collecting from our store, our setup and calibration is completely free!
- Single acrylic chassis, aluminium suspended subchassis with stabilized operation and internally isolated suspension turrets
- Impedance-matched acrylic/vinyl platter, with brass weights for high inertia
- Record clamp
- Oil-pumping inverted bearing
- Custom arm boards available for most tonearms
- High-quality standalone DC motor
- Optional HR power supply
- Optional upgrade to Orbe-style platter and clamp
- Finished in clear acrylic with aluminium metal parts or with black acrylic plinth with all black or black/gold anodised metal parts