How we use and protect your data:
Our website and marketing is owned and managed by Eddy's Nottingham Limited (“Nottingham HiFi Centre”), Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Reg. No. 392101), having its Registered Office at 116 - 118 Alfreton Road, Nottingham, England. NG7 3NR. At Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Whilst we will keep all of your personal information confidential, we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within this policy. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force from time to time.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Marketing Team NHFC, 116 - 118 Alfreton Road, Nottingham, England. NG7 3NR.
Who are we:
We are Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited, a privately owned limited company trading as Nottingham HiFi Centre.
How do we collect information from you:
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services, if you directly give us any information via forms, if you make a purchase or if you sign up to receive email newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you:
In running and operating the business, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
The data that we collect is detailed below:
* Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via the site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with the site.
* Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
* The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
* Information you provide to us by sending us a message through our website and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
* Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
If you make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions..
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
How is your information used:
We may use your information:
* to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
* to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
* to provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us;
* to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
* to process a purchase you have made;
* to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
* for dealing with entries into a competition;
* to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
* to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes;
* to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
* for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website;
* to administer this website; and
* if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information:
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments and send you email). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Eddys (Nottingham) Limited T/A Nottingham HiFi Centre for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with:
When you are using our secure website your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How Do I opt out:
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
* Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
* Email email@example.com
and request to be removed from our marketing list (Please include the email address set-up for marketing if you are using a different address to send us the request)
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post, email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
, or write to us at: Marketing Team NHFC, 116 - 118 Alfreton Road, Nottingham, England. NG7 3NR
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited hold about you, write to us at: and we will contact you to arrange proof of identity and provide the information once these checks have been carried out.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information:
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL across the entire website. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear in the address bar of modern web browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of ‘cookies’:
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist is in developing our website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
Links to other websites:
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Transferring your information outside of Europe:
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Third Party Processing:
Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited utilises the services of third party organisations to process your personal data. As the data controller, Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Where your data is processed by any third party on behalf of Eddy's (Nottingham) Limited, that third party is a processor under the GDPR. We confirm that we take steps in order to ensure that this data is processed lawfully under the law in accordance with each agreement that we have in place with each processor.