In order for us to process your return for an item purchased online in the fastest and easiest manner, please follow the steps below (these steps do not in any way affect your right to cancel).
1) Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your full name, address and a daytime contact telephone number
- Your original Nottingham HiFi order number
- The reason you wish to return the item (is it faulty, unwanted or was it damaged in transit?)
For unwanted items, you must inform us of your decision to cancel and return within 14 working days of receiving the product(s). We will send you applicable instructions within five days.
Please do not return goods until you have received our reply. You must then send the goods back to us as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
For faulty/damaged items from new, you must inform us within 30 working days of receiving the product(s). We will send you applicable instructions within five days. For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept in-ear headphones that have been opened.
2) What you need to return.
- All accessories/leads/power supplies/manuals, unless specifically instructed otherwise
- The original box and packaging wherever possible
- If faulty, a covering letter detailing the fault, the circumstances under which it occurs and how it manifests itself
- A copy of your purchase receipt (please do not send the original) or your order number, name & address
- Your daytime telephone number and return address.
- Any free gift received with your purchase.
3) Tips on packing your product for return.
To make sure your product is not damaged in transit please follow these packing tips (these steps do not in any way affect your right to cancel):
- There are no loose accessories which can knock against the casework and cause damage or become damaged
- The product is well cushioned, padded and protected, paying particular attention to corners and edges, especially heavier items such as speakers or subwoofers, the corners of which can easily suffer damage if knocked or dropped
- Any spikes or other removable parts which will stick out and are not fixed when supplied new, are removed and packed safely, prior to wrapping
- Mains plugs or other hard, sharp items are not placed so as to create dents and scratches during transit.
4) If you do not have the original packing.
- Protect corners with double layers of cardboard
- Wrap with at least three layers of bubble wrap or equivalent cushioning
- Put in a box slightly larger than the item when wrapped, with sufficient further padding to ensure the item will not move around in transit
- Screwed up newspaper and shredded paper make excellent filler for all those gaps (this stops the box getting pushed in against the item) and more tightly packed bubble-wrap/cardboard/Styrofoam on corners, edges & vulnerable areas will keep things safe.
Your parcel has to go through an automated sorting hub, so please follow the above advice to ensure it arrives safely.
Thank you for taking the time to read and follow these instructions.
You can read more information about our returns policy on our Terms & Conditions page.