SVS PB-4000 Subwoofer
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 40lbs generates immense magnetic force and excursion of the 13.5-inch driver to produce massive low frequency output well below the limits of human hearing.
- Edge wound voice coil with eight-layer aluminum flat wire minimizes distortion and power compression while providing excellent heat dissipation and linearity ensuring precise control.
- Lightweight and rigid composite cone with premium glass fiber dustcap generate massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and long-throw parabolic surround ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion and SPLs.
Jaw-Dropping Bass Extension and Output with Pinpoint Control and Accuracy
The SVS PB-4000 combines seismic power and fathomless low frequency extension you can feel with refinement and musicality that suspends your sense of disbelief. With trickle down technology from the 16-Ultra Series, named top subwoofers in the world by nearly every audio publication and industry group in 2017, the PB-4000 crushes expectations and delivers a level of unrivaled subwoofer performance only available from SVS.
Sledge Amplifier – Massive Output, Sophisticated DSP, Advanced Power Management
Rated conservatively at 1,200 watts RMS, and 4,000+ watts peak power, the PB-4000 Sledge STA-1200D amplifier uses an efficient Class D design combined with fully discrete MOSFET output and a sophisticated Analog Devices DSP engine. The result is a level of effortless power and advanced processing not available from any other powered subwoofer manufacturer.
High Current Output of Fully Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier
Efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs enabling immense output and precise control for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.
Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP
Most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.
Variable Port Tuning Modes
A single foam port plug come standard with the PB-4000 and allow for variable tuning. Additional port plugs are available upon request to support all tuning options*. Each response curve for the three port tuning modes; standard, extended and sealed, is fully configured to the respective mode to achieve balanced and accurate low frequency response with all tuning preferences.
*Since the vast majority of SVS subwoofer owners never use the port plugs and many end up in landfills, we’ve made them optional to be a bit more eco-conscious. We are happy to send port plugs free of charge if they will be used, just note in the special instructions during checkout.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) & Ground Loop Isolation
Serves as a line conditioner, surge suppressor and voltage regulator letting the amplifier deal with wide voltage fluctuations and ensuring the subwoofers operate flawlessly on any household circuit no matter how unstable the incoming current. An isolated circuit creates a vanishingly low noise floor by eliminating the potential for ground loop hums from outside components resulting in absolute sonic transparency.
PB-4000 Smartphone App – Easiest Way Ever to Manage Subwoofer DSP and Control
Groundbreaking smartphone app works with Apple iOS® and Android® devices to unleash the full depth, force and nuance of the PB-4000 subwoofer by controlling all DSP functions including: volume, parametric EQ, low pass filter, phase, polarity, room gain, port tuning, custom presets and system settings.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for frequency slope and Q factor down to the single Hz level with four different slopes, so users can improve performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Stores 3 custom presets for movies, music and other listening experiences such as sports or gaming.
- 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface